Princess Bo hand built prototype with clay

Hand built clay prototype – which took me 5 hours to complete. It’s about 1-foot long, hand built with wet clay. I spent almost an hour on the tail as it’s much longer and heavier than a normal Bo tail. It kept cracking and collapsing while I attached it to the body, and that was quite a challenging moment. I had to join the tail to the body before it dried, otherwise both parts might not be joined perfectly, and they’d crack. But finally, I completed the prototype. Next steps, leave it for a few days to completely dry, then send it for bisque firing.
princess_bo_clay01princess_bo_clay02princess_bo_clay03princess_bo_clay04princess_bo_clay05

Cloudy Bo and Dotty Bo after firing

All the hard work has paid off, finally all Bo has survived with good result and interesting outcome. Check out the details of the textures on the glaze.

cloudy_bo_dotty_bo_forfiring
Bisqued and glazed Bo for final firing.
cloudy_bo_dotty_bo_fired01They all look good after firing
cloudy_bo_dotty_bo_fired02

Can see some interesting brush stroke texture on the blue glaze, and small little dots appear on the stone-like surface.
cloudy_bo_dotty_bo_fired03cloudy_bo_dotty_bo_fired05